Here in New Mexico, I love that you can feel fall in the early morning and evening. Even the leaves are beginning to get some color.
Abby helped me choose a few things for my mantle to put a little fall color inside the house.

We took a trip to the Botanical Gardens to enjoy the nice air.
Chloe and Grant decided to bake cookies--fall always makes us want to bake!
To help Chloe with reading, I've been assigning her opposite pairs of words. She writes them in letters that show what they mean. She loves this!
But, her favorite activity is taping word cards to their object. She gets no help reading these words, but so far, she has been highly motivated to read the words because she loves this activity. One day, she got the word "cat". Snickers wasn't too happy about that card, so we didn't get a picture!
Kyle left us at home to do school while he went deer hunting. No deer, but he did bring me home these beautiful wild flowers.
Chloe and Grant finished their Big Blue Marble art project.
Allison and Abby are reading some Agatha Christie novels and enjoying them very much! They can also almost name every country in Africa by heart now! They are working on being able to draw it from memory as well.
2 comments:
What a wonderfully fun week! I enjoy seeing all that you do!
I was wondering if I could ask a favor of you. We have been working on a postcard-geography scrapbook for some time now, but we have been unable to get a postcard for New Mexico. Would you be willing to send us one? If so, please let me know by email and I will send you our address. No worries if it is something that you do not wish to do. :)
Love those glasses Grant!
Post a Comment