I posted this picture on Face Book of Chloe's chocolate chip cookies. I had a couple of people mention to me later that they would like the recipe. I thought for sure I had already posted it here on my blog, but I had not! We LOVE this recipe. I can't believe I've never shared it before. We love these cookies because they don't flatten out when baking, and they are chewy and soft. Best of all, this recipe makes a LOT of cookies, and they turn out great in the high altitude cooking world of ABQ. So, if you don't want so many chocolate chip cookies sitting in your kitchen tempting you to eat them, half the recipe, or take some to a friend who needs some cheering up.
Cookie Mama Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cream together:
1 1/2 cups softened butter
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup white sugar
Add one at a time:
5 eggs
1 T. vanilla
1 t. lemon extract
Stir in:
2 level T. baking soda
1 t. salt
4 cups flour
Add in 3 to 4 more cups of flour until the dough is stiff like bread dough. (For dry climates like ABQ, I find that three additional cups of flour is enough.)
Stir in:
12 - 16 oz chocolate chips
1 cup nuts
Shape into golf-ball sized balls, and flatten slightly between palms. Lay the thick disks on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven just before they begin to turn brown, and let them cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a cookie rack to finish cooling.
Since I'm allergic to chocolate, my kids will make a few for me before adding the chocolate chips, and they still taste great. Chloe made me some this week with peanuts in the dough, and they were delicious!
Enjoy!
1 comment:
We made these today since our spring break was shot. They are really good!
Post a Comment