I feared my son would be short like his mother. I guess I need not have worried seeing as how he grew 7 to 8 inches this year. I should have kept track! I do know that every six weeks or so, Grant looked taller. I'd make him stand up straight against the wall for another measuring that revealed he had indeed grown another inch. It wasn't long before I needed help measuring him due to his height. He's trying hard now to inch past his dad, who is 5'11". Although Kyle doesn't want to admit it, I think Grant has succeeded. Abby says, "Yep, he grew taller, and I didn't."
| Picture on the left taken in August of 2013. Picture on the right taken on his birthday--Oct. 25, 2014. |
For his fourteenth birthday, Grant wanted nothing but tennis stuff (I think he got one small Lego set--a sign of growing up, I guess). He is now the proud owner of Babolat tennis shoes, a Babolat racket, and a Babolat carrying case for multiple rackets--in case he pops one of the strings which happens all too often.
Chocolate brownie birthday sundaes curtesy of Allison
Happy Birthday Grant!! Can't wait to see if this year puts anymore inches on you. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment