More baking. I'm continually amazed at my girls and what they will try in the kitchen! I mostly have learned to just stay out of their way while they work through elaborate recipes except to sneak back in intermittently to help them clean up a bit.
Pretzels have never been a desire of mine to try and make myself. Buying them occasionally at the mall or at amusement parks satisfies my craving quite well. "You want to make pretzels??!" I should surely know by now that Allison has an insatiable desire for challenging, creative endeavors! I have to add that these were probably the best pretzels I have ever tasted. Mess up my kitchen anytime for these babies. Yum!
I'm not a huge fan of hot dogs, big or little, wrapped in any kind of bread, but these smelled amazing.
Another elaborate endeavor. They turned out beautiful and tasted fantastic as well.
Abby is my candy girl. I only wish I could have tasted this chocolate mint fudge. So pretty! And judging by the fact that it almost all disappeared from our kitchen without a trace, I think people liked it--just a little bit.
Now and again I do have the opportunity to squeeze into my kitchen and bake something. These walnut shortbread cookies are Kyle's favorite. I made them for his birthday last week and for New Year's Eve this week. His weight loss this year has been incredible, so he deserved his favorite cookies for an end of the year treat!
All these goodies were shared with dear friends to ring in the New Year. And look what great artists our guests are as well! The Mona Lisa and American Gothic celebrating New Year's! Which one do you think was the winner?
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment