I know I have dived into a new school year as soon as I feel like I really dove into a deep pool and forgot to to come to the surface for air. Well, today, I'm finally catching my breath two weeks into the new year. The frustrations of a new year run something like this: "Mom, where is my math book?" (The one I forgot to order? Oh.) "Mom, my notebook is busted. I need a new one." "Mom, can I use the discover card to buy my books which will cost you a small fortune? I'm not buying them new! I'm only renting them!" "I can't remember how to divide fractions." "What is a predicate nominative, and when will I ever use that in real life?"
Well it hasn't all been bad. Allison is a culinary arts student specializing in baking this semester. In just two weeks, she has brought home biscuits, 5 mini loaves of carrot bread, snickerdoodle cookies, two cakes, blueberry muffins, homemade flour tortillas, 4 mini apple pies and a quart of vanilla ice cream to eat with the pies. I could get used to this.
This picture doesn't really fit anywhere else, but I Chloe and I want to remember it, so here it is. Her history class is taking us back in time to the Middle Ages. This is Chloe's Lego creation of her time machine to transport us back to the year 400 A.D. As we travel through Medieval times up to about year 1400 A.D, we might just pack up some of Allison's treats and take them with us. Nice job, Chloe!
In addition to school starting, all extra stuff is gearing up as well. Allison will perform in the Nutcracker this year. Abby will perform the part of Aunt Tilly in Encore's "It's a Wonderful Life". Chloe is playing tennis for the first time, and Grant gets to coach her matches while he registers for a few tournaments for himself. Time for another bite of apple pie and a deep breath......
2 comments:
Sounds like the kids are doing great. So exciting all the fun stuff they are involved in. So, the Lego picture reminded me of this Lego movie I showed my students last year. An AP History student re enacted the Boston Tea Party using Legos. It's hilarious and accurate! Here is the link if you want to watch: (http://www.schooltube.com/video/7cff83d272da771ebeb1/The%20Boston%20Tea%20Party)
What a great video! I'll definitely show the kids sometime.
Post a Comment