January gave us a trip to Las Vegas for a Starkey convention! Starkey makes all kinds of hearing aids and the technology is amazing. Kyle learned a little more about the new options available to help others with their hearing, and I learned a little more about what he does day in and day out. We also enjoyed some fabulous speakers including Randi Zuckerberg, Bill Clinton, and Magic Johnson.
 |
| I forget how brown New Mexico looks until I'm in a plane. |
 |
| Hello Las Vegas, Nevada! |
 |
| The view from our hotel room at The Cosmopolitan |
 |
| We got to see and hear Bill Clinton speak. |
 |
| Magic Johnson liked talking to and meeting the people. |
 |
| What a dynamic speaker. And look how big he is! He makes that woman look tiny. |
 |
| Ben Affleck was the last speaker we heard before boarding our plane back to ABQ. He preceded George W. Bush. We were so bummed to have to miss the former president! |
While Las Vegas is a fascinating city, it also has a very dark side. Kyle and I enjoyed our time together, but my slight curiosity about Vegas is now more than satisfied!
No comments:
Post a Comment