Monday, January 30, 2017

Birthday #13 in Neon

Oh, my sweet baby, Chloe!  How can it be that you've turned 13?  You promised me many times that you would not get big; would not grow up.  But, here you are---a teenager!


How can we celebrate a new 13 year old in our house?  We didn't want it to be the same tired games or crafts.  Something new we wanted!  You suggested neon colors.  I found blacklights to go with them!

 We invited your friends who promptly made head bands out of the decorations, and... 

 ...everyone and everything glowed beautifully!


We played silly games


 with cotton balls, 


and everyone laughed and giggled and laughed until their sides ached.


We made sugar scrub for lips.


And, we decorated notebooks with neon ribbons.

You all ate pizza on neon birthday plates and ice cream sundaes in bowls that glowed.  You opened gifts; you watched a movie; you laughed a bunch, and you talked late into the night with your dear, creative, fun-loving friends.  

Happy 13th birthday, Chloe!  I love you dearly, and I hope you had a luminous good time!





No comments: