Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve Cookies

Abby helping me put on the sprinkles

Ready for baking!

Aren't they pretty! We love this cookie because it's not super sweet, and after eating too many sweets this Christmas, these taste and look perfect for our New Year's celebration.

Ma's Best Butter Cookies

Cream together:
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
Add to above and mix well:
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
Add to above mixture:
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. ginger
1/2 t. baking soda
Roll into 1 inch balls. Roll in colored sugar. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

Tania said...

Ok, I know the next cookies I am going to make!!! Happy new year Bambergs!!!!!!! The Hammonds miss you!!!

Sarah said...

Those should be renamed "Joseph's Coat of Many Colors Cookies!" Thanks for the recipe Syndi; I 'll have to try those out!