We are having a great time this summer doing fun summer sports, meeting friends at the park, and just relaxing. Part of my summer time, however, always consists of planning the next school year. My focus recently has been writing.

I love the Institute for Excellence in Writing for its ease of use and clear explanations. The student knows exactly what is expected of him as he learns a structure to writing as well as some stylistic techniques. We will continue to incorporate the things we learned from this excellent program.

My new resource comes from Peace Hill Press. I've been listening to their writing audios and have learned so much! I'm planning on teaching what I've learned from the audios to my homeschool group in an effort to internalize better what I'm learning. The audios present a clear teaching plan on the subject of writing for grades K-12. Susan Wise Bauer will encourage any parent who feels inadequate about teaching writing. I believe writing to be the most difficult subject to teach, but having a clear plan takes all the guess work out of it. Check out Bauer's audios here.
2 comments:
That place... the institute for Excellence in Writting... had a conference here that my aunt wanted me to go to.. but I couldn't afford it.
Tania,
Bummer! I'm sure it was good, but I understand about not being able to afford it. That's one reason I'm liking these audios--$12 and you have a plan for K-12.
Post a Comment