Today was a bittersweet day for me. A beautiful fall day in ABQ, and I wanted to take the kids to the zoo. Some rapidly approaching day, the kids will all be gone, and zoo days won't hold their same charm. I want to squeeze in every minute of enjoying my kids before that happens. But, today, the big girls couldn't join us. School work has become more demanding for them, and they really needed some time to work on a paper, due soon, for one of their classes. So, armed with sunscreen and Mello Yellow, I headed to the zoo with Grant and Chloe. We had a great day, but we missed Allison and Abby being with us.
Grant with what the zoo calls "Grants Zebras"!
Waiting for water to shoot out...
Bingo!
I think she was a bit surprised!
One little duck really liked Chloe and would eat right out of her hand.
The poor lion lost his mate recently. He sadly moaned while we were there, and we felt sorry for him!
Peacocks strutting all over the zoo gave us lots of photo opportunities.
1 comment:
Love this. A friend of mine posted this yesterday, as well. Looks like all of our hearts were in accord...
If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in its place,
but have not love - I am a housekeeper, not a homemaker.
If I have time for waxing, polishing, and decorative achievements
but have not love - my children learn of cleanliness, not godliness.
Love leaves the dust in search of a child's laugh.
Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.
Loves wipes away the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.
Love picks up the child before it picks up the toys.
Love is present through trials.
Love reprimands, reproves, and is responsive.
As a mother there is much I must teach my child,
but the greatest of all is... LOVE.
From Michelle and Jim Bob's book, A Love That Multiplies.
Glad you guys had a wonderful day at the zoo!
Post a Comment