Me: Chloe! I'm going to make some peanut butter cookies. You like peanut butter cookies don't you?
Chloe: Oh yes! They're the best Mom. I mean they smell so good! I just love peanut butter cookies! (then very thoughtfully and somewhat hesitant to express her opinion) Well......actually, my favorite is double chocolate brownies.
Okay, okay, so they aren't chocolate, but really, you must give them a try!
Ingredients1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 t. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I substituted 1/2 the flour with whole wheat--yum!)
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
Directions
Cream the butter, shortening, and sugars. Add eggs and blend. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir until well blended. Measure out tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls. Place 3 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Make criss-cross pattern with fork. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 8 -10 minutes until set, but not hard. Do not overbake. Leave on sheets 2 minutes before removing. Cool and store in covered container.
4 comments:
Sydni, why can't you eat chocolate anymore? That's terrible news! These look wonderful though :)
Sarah,
I haven't been eating chocolate for about the last 3 years due to an allergy. My mouth breaks out in painful canker sores--much more enjoyable to just stay away from the chocolate.
Mmmmmmm. Will you bake them for us when we visit? I don't make cookies for us anymore. Dad is not too happy about that either.
Mom
You can make them when we visit. The boys never get peanut butter cookies since I hate peanut butter! Your kids can come here to get the chocolate.
Leigh Ann
Post a Comment