Now that Chloe, my fourth child, is five, I am well aware of how quickly the time passes and of how soon I will no longer have a little one learning her language and not always getting it quite right. So bear with me as I tell more "Chloe stories".
Story One
Chloe and I, very bored with watching Grant play tennis for almost two weeks now, decided to make a trip to a Walmart close by. Now Chloe may only be 5, but she's a shopper in training! She loves to look and exclaim over everything she sees. "Oh Momma! Look how cute that is!" Or, "Oh Momma! Isn't that adorable?" And, "Oh! I would love to have that! Can we buy it?" After several minutes of these exclamations today, I said, "Chloe you just think everything is cute!" She replied indignantly, "No I don't! I don't think boys are cute!" I'll be sure to remind her of that in about ten years!
Story Two
This afternoon, I took the kids to the West Mesa Aquatic Park. They love that place because of the water slides and the three different swimming areas. We don't go there much because the wait in the hot sun to get inside is almost unbearable. When we finally got into the park today, I was apparently taking too long to apply my sunscreen because Chloe asked if she could go over by the pool and wait for me. When I told her no, and that she had to wait for me before she could get close to the water, she pointed and replied, "Oh Momma! I'm just going to go over there-- a few minutes from the pool!"
3 comments:
I know just how you feel! My youngest girl is four (with three older brothers) and I just dread the day that her dimples leave her hands. I miss the baby phase. Those stories are precious.
Very "cute!" I just learned about the aquatic center this week! It sounds so fun!
It is amazing to me how those stories bring to mind the stories of my kids when they were little.. since my "baby" is now 9!!! Thanks Sydni!
Post a Comment