Wednesday, August 04, 2010

School Supplies: Oh the Joy

It's back to school time again and even though I don't look forward to the crazy days of school and all the work that goes with those days, I do love to plan and organize. And, I LOVE school supplies. I love the smell of new crayons. I love how pretty the colors in a new marker or crayon box look. I love all the new and fancy school supplies in all the wonderful colors that you can buy now. Chloe and I even saw a jewel- studded calculator at Staples the other night, but restrained ourselves and did not buy it. I mean, what would a first grader do with a glittering pink, jewel- studded calculator anyway?

We didn't really need new binders this year, but the ones we have are so old and boring. I felt like we needed some flash and color--a little flair added to our binders to get us excited about the new school year. So, I went to work on them. I cleaned them up with a little soapy water and bought all different kinds of beautiful scrapbooking paper on sale at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. The kids helped me by picking out papers that make them happy.


Although Allison thinks it is a shame that her favorite paper is on her most unfavorite subject, my goal is to get her to smile everyday when she sees her Algebra notebook come out. Maybe this will help. :)

Aren't they pretty?

And, they look festive on the bookshelf.
What are you organizing for school?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Great idea! They all turned out great!

Angela said...

I love organizing and LOVE school supplies. I'm on an art supply binge right now. I don't scrapbook, but I can't resist all the pretty paper so I find myself with lots of scrapbooking paper. Now you've given me a reason to use it!

Anonymous said...

Ok I love the idea of picking out scrapbook paper to use on their binders. That is great! I think I will be making a trip to Hobby Lobby this week.

Barb said...

Thanks for the kind comment on my blog today. :)

I am actually writing a post about how I am NOT going to buy supplies this year. I know, sad huh?

Anyway, love your binders!

Barb

DairyQueen said...

I LOVE your notebooks! That is making top priority on my to-do list! That would make me happy to look at everyday!

I found your blog from WTM forums, and I can't wait to look around!

Leigh Ann said...

I love new school supplies too! I just wish it didn't mean going back to school (work):(