Friday, May 23, 2014

Last Farewell to High School

What a night!  Many of our dear friends came out to help us celebrate the Heritage Christian Fellowship grads of 2014.  My favorite parts were the slideshow and the interviews.  Slideshows are sappy, but I love them!  Watching the kids go from babies to toddlers, to school girls and boys, and then finally to adulthood in the span of a few minutes, and all of it set to songs about growing up and spreading one's wings, makes me cry.  Listening to the kids tell fun memories of their days at camp and other church activities made me realize just how grown up they all have become. Then, listening to them tell their favorite Bible verses and what God's word means to them, caused me to rejoice.  As the graduates told stories about their favorite teachers, I realized what an important role teachers at HCF play in the lives of the kids, and I am thankful for each of them.  I am grateful to the Lord for His mercy and grace and the friends we could celebrate with on Sunday night!  I got a few random pictures with my iphone, so here they are...

Cupcakes, movies, ballet shoes.  Yep, that about sums up my girl!

2 cakes needed for the graduates of HCF--I only got a picture of one.

Graduates of 2014

Five of the eight grads

No comments: