I missed blogging Allison's birthday! My oldest turned 19 on April 16th. There you have it. I didn't take any pictures except one very bad picture of the cherry pie Allison asked me to make for her. She got only one candle, and well, I guess that's how it goes when you turn 19 and then 20 and then 21 and so on. She probably doesn't really want a big deal made out of her birthday on my blog anymore anyway. I suppose that's a sign that's she's grown up, and that's a good thing. School went well for her this year, and she's finished! A whole year of college behind her already, and none of us can believe it's over. So, my sweet, cupcake baking, film making girl is 19. Happy Birthday, Allison!
| Lemon meringue cupcakes with lemon curd underneath the meringue. Yum!! Just another one of her many baked treats that she showers us with. |
In other news, our butterflies finally emerged, and we let them fly to freedom. They hardly stayed around to let us take pictures. These painted ladies wanted unrestrained flight! Terrified to leave the pavilion that had been their home for a week, they finally realized freedom awaited them and were gone. Maybe a little something called "Snickers" had frightened them one too many times with that gleam in her eye and a few playful bats at their home. We did take a couple of good picts before they flew away. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment