Thursday, April 15, 2010

Weekly Report: April 2010

Allison finished the book Figuratively Speaking today. Her last category was "Literary Techniques". She chose to do this book and all the little booklets in rainbow colors. Not only is it pretty, but it will also help her later in her literature studies. Now she has all the literary terms at her fingertips!


Along with her figurative language and poetic terms lapbooks, I put her literary techniques lapbook in a binder. I simply put masking tape on the edges of the books to form a tab, and then three-hole punched the tabs.

We began reading our last WWII book called the Winged Watchman. This exciting book takes place in German occupied Holland where a windmill will make the perfect hide-out for those trying to escape the Nazi's!

We also began reading Joy Hakim's All the People which should take us close to present times in our history studies.

Product DetailsProduct Details

For our next artist study, we are going to study paintings by Georgia O'Keeffe. O'Keeffe found the landscape of New Mexico inspiring and settled here later in life. She'll be the perfect artist for us to study next!
White Shell with Red by Georgia O'Keeffe

We will start our study with the above painting and a little biographical information using Venezia's book Georgia O'Keeffe.

Product Details

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! I hope she has a great day!

Robin Johnson said...

Wonderful project, Allison!

I love O'Keeffe. I can't wait to see what you do during your study.