
These muffins were a hit for our breakfast for dinner meal that we ate tonight. One of the kids asked, "Are these gingerbread muffins?" That made everyone remember the gingerbread muffins that I attempted to make a few weeks ago. I forgot to put the baking powder in them, so they tasted terrible, and I had to throw them all out. I made the remark that if you like rocks, you would have loved those muffins. Grant very dryly replied, "Well, if you like rubber balls, you would have liked those smoothies Abby made us the other day." Abby makes great smoothies, but something was wrong with an ingredient she used that particular day. I was glad to have redeemed myself in the kitchen, and I feel sure that
Abby will as well. So, now that you've read the story of what got me so tickled at dinner tonight that I almost choked on it, here's the recipe for those pumpkin muffins. Just don't forget the baking powder. :)
Harvest Pumpkin Muffins1-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1-1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. ground nutmeg
1/4 c. butter or margarine
3/4 c. honey
1 egg
1 cup solid pack pumpkin
1 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (optional, we like them plain)
Beat butter until light, beat in honey, egg and pumpkin. Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until just blended: stir in add-ins. Spoon into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment