Our homemade feeder is finally attracting some birds!
Chloe memorized another poem and illustrated it for her poetry book.

She also worked on her drawing skills. I thought she did a great job on this swan.

Abby took advantage of a nice day and memorized her science vocabulary outside.
I read Thanksgiving on Thursday to Chloe, and at the end of the book, we found a webpage to download and print a Magic Tree House passport. The passport has places for stamps, which I can also print out at the site, that will record the places we visit each time we read another Magic Treehouse book. I think this will be great fun as Chloe starts to read more and can begin to read these books for herself.
The race is on among the older kids to finish Fellowship of the Ring. Grant romped through The Hobbit this week and is ready to start reading it. Abby is on track to finish it this weekend. Allison is somewhere in the middle, and they are all going to leave me in the dust on this one! Not only have I not started the book yet, but don't foresee anytime in the next few days to even get started. The real motivation behind the kids' desire to read these books is our family rule: You don't see the movie until you've read the book!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
8 comments:
I like the swan too! And the bird feeder. Looks like fun stuff at your house!
If we had a bird feeder like that, the squirrels would have it on the ground in seconds
Shhhh don't tell my kids but I haven't finished any of the LOTR books LOL
That is a great swan! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!
Love the swan! We're almost done with the Fellowship of the Ring for LLfLotR. Then we'll watch the movie AGAIN. :) Dad read these books aloud and then we watched the movies, too.
Lee
We read that book too, LOL. The swan is really good. I need to get our feeder up.
We have the same rule at our house with books and movies! Well, my kids are young, but I've gotten them into the habit of reading the book before seeing the movie. My oldest actually is usually disappointed in the movies. He much prefers the books! Gotta love that!
I love the illustrated poetry book! I just wrote about my older son doing that when he was little, too. They grow up so fast....
Regena
The books are always better than the movie! I didn't start reading LOTR until I saw the first movie. I need to reread them it has been a long time.
Post a Comment