Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School 2012-13

Today marks another new school year. Allison is a junior, Abby is a freshman, Grant is a 7th grader, and Chloe is a 3rd grader. While we didn't get everything covered today, we're off to a good start.

Abby's desk continues to reflect her favorite color. Can you guess what color that is? Her map from last year's geography class adds a new element to the look.

Allison did a desk make-over this year to reflect her movie making passion.

All the kids got new planners this year with a little scrapbook paper and my new pro-click P50.

Chloe will finally start what we call in our house "silent reading". Kyle hung the spice racks we purchased for her at Ikea while in San Diego in May, so that she will have her own special place to read like the big kids do. She had to have them painted hot pink, of course!


I have to admit that I felt more unprepared than ever for school this year due to the new movie our family filmed this summer. I still have some planning to do and some loose ends to tie-up. The Lord's gracious mercy prevailed upon us today, and I am very thankful!

Psalm 100:4-5 "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations."

No comments: