Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Gone South

I posted a funny thing Chloe said on my nature blog, but I wanted to record it here too since this blog contains my collection of "Chloe stories".

Last week, we had a bit of snow. Because the temperature remained low most of the day, none of the kids wanted to go outside. I decided we needed to have a little breath of fresh air, so we all bundled up and went outside anyway.

As we walked around our front yard checking out signs of winter, Chloe remarked, "I guess all the bees are gone now." Thinking this might be a good learning opportunity about bees I said, "Yes, where do you think they went?" She replied very matter of factly, "South".

Well, I guess she's got the concept of migration. Next, we better learn a bit about hibernation. :)

1 comment:

Linda B. said...

I think they went way south. We have had two freezes here the Houston area. I have not seen any bees.