Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday Tip: Mess Free Glitter Ideas

We love glitter at our house, and Christmas time offers lots of opportunity to use it! So, my tip today includes a couple of things that I've learned over the years that help make it a little easier to clean-up. After the kids apply paint or glue to their project, they place their project on a baking tray and sprinkle the glitter on. Most of the extra glitter will fall onto the tray. I like to save all the excess glitter, so I tilt the baking sheet at an angle and tap lightly on top of the tray to coax the glitter to the bottom. Then, I can easily pour the glitter onto a sheet of paper which I can then fold and pour the excess back into its container. Any glitter left on my tray washes off easily in the sink.

I had trouble finding glitter in a bottle with a shaker top this year, so I found some old bottles of sugar sprinkles in my cabinet that had a small amount of sugar left in them. I simply poured out the extra colored sprinkles and poured my glitter into its new home. Replace the hole punched cover and voila! You have a shaker top for your glitter. Shaker bottles are a must for children using glitter! They keep children from dumping too much glitter on their project at one time.

Use my tips and have fun creating with glitter this holiday season. Your kids will love you for it!

No comments: