Tuesday, April 29, 2014

In the Style of Pablo Picasso

After reading Pablo Picasso by Mike Venezia, we decided that Picasso was not our favorite artist.  His artwork is "strange" and anyway, not appealing to us.  However, we did enjoy learning about cubism, and completing this project will help us remember who Picasso was and what his artwork was like.

I don't have a link for this project.  I just ran across an image where a face had been drawn and then separated into puzzle-like pieces.  I demonstrated how to draw a frame around the paper and how to draw an oval for the face.  I then drew in lines for the neck and shoulders and added some hair.  After that, I drew in puzzle lines and misplaced the eyes, nose, and mouth as Picasso would have done.  I colored my drawing with colored pencils and outlined it with black sharpie pen.

Chloe's rendition

My rendition

No comments: