Friday, April 17, 2009

Fabulous Friday: Weekly Report

The last couple of weeks we have spent playing "catch-up" after we were all sick for a week. I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water! Having 2 girls with birthdays in the midst of it all adds to the challenge.

Chloe finished her first Explode the Code workbook this week. She continues to work on letter sounds, but has the added challenge of working on writing the letters as well.

Grant is doing great with his multiplication skills. In the last two weeks, he has mastered multiplying 2 digit numbers to 2 digit numbers, and he's now working on multiplying 3 digits by 2 digits.

Abby joyfully finished her grammar book for fifth grade! She even aced the last test making her finish in grammar all the more sweet.

Allison worked diligently in all her subjects this week so that she could plan her 13th birthday party which will happen tonight. The theme for her party will be "Showtime". I looked into buying a special cake for her 13th birthday, but Allison decided that she could make one just as good all by herself. After she did such a good job on her sister's cake last week, I figured she was right! She's been practicing with fondant as you can see from the fondant stars on her cake that she just finished!



4 comments:

Tania said...

This looks FABULOUS!! She needs to teach me how to do it!!! Happy birthday beautiful!!! I love you all!!!

Tania

Sharon said...

Such a talented teenager! I hope she had a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Allison!!!! You did a great job on that cake. I don't think that I could ever make a cake look that perfect!

Crystal P

P.S. We REALLY miss you guys!

Linda B. said...

Good job Allison. You are a good little cake baker. I trust your party went well. I'm still trying to grasp the fact that you are 13!!
Love you.

Gigi