Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Graduate

I decided Grant needed to learn to do some baking. Baking cookies causes one's self-esteem to soar in our household not to mention the practice it brings in reading and following directions and learning about fractions. So, I casually mentioned it. "Grant, I think you need to learn to bake something." He replied, "Well, the wives of all the Bamberg men do the cooking, so I don't need to learn to do that." Now, I know that Grant fights hard for his manhood in a house full of girls, but lots of men know how to bake and cook! So, I suggested chocolate chip cookies, and he quickly changed his mind! After he took his first batch out of the oven he declared, "I have now graduated from chocolate chip cookie school!" Upon tasting the cookies, we all agree.



3 comments:

Tania said...

Just point out to my sweet boy.. .that a good majority of professional chef's are men!!! :) My hubby doesn't bake.. and he can't make a grilled cheese to save his life.. but he makes the BEST chicken Marsala I have ever had.. He loves to cook.. I tell him he can once we don't have kids at home.. so we can afford it!!! Keep cooking big guy! Show the girls how it is done!!!
Tania

Unknown said...

Good job Grant! Keep up the good work.
Crystal P

Linda B. said...

You are a real man, Grant, because they can bake! Pass that one on to the other Bamberg men in the family and while you are doing that, pass it on to the Beckham side of the house. Those look like some mighty tasty cookies. Job well done!

Gigi