Tuesday, March 03, 2009
Have You Been Plunged to Victory?
You know the old hymn--"Victory in Jesus". Sometimes Chloe requests this song before her afternoon nap. The last line sings, "He plunged me to victory beneath the cleansing flood." Chloe said, "Do you know what I think of when I hear that song?" Waiting for the spiritual enlightenment that our five year old was about to bestow upon us, Kyle and I said, "No, what?" She replied with a sheepish grin, "Well, you know how it says, 'plunge me to victory'"? "Well, I always think about Daddy plunging the toilet with that plunger thing!" Lovely. Our five year old associates a great old hymn with the bathroom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm afraid if we all admitted it we could give some funny stories about what we heard in the old hymns when we were children.
Mom
Thats great!She is right... same word... WAY different meaning and use hahahahahaha!!! :)
Tania
I saw it comin'! :-)
Post a Comment