Friday, August 28, 2009
Chapstick and John the Baptist
This afternoon I did my weekly grocery shopping with Chloe in tow. As we were going through the checkout, I busily placed my load of groceries on the conveyor belt while Chloe kept repeating, "Mommy look! Mommy look!" At her insistence, I finally turned around to look thinking she had probably discovered a new chocolate bar to try. When I turned around, she pointed to a package of Burt's Bees chapstick. Now, if you've ever seen Burt's Bees products, you know that illustrated on the package is the picture of a burly looking man with a beard. Chloe yelled out, "Look Mommy! It's John the Baptist!" I exclaimed in reply, "John the Baptist?!" She said defensively, "Well, you know, he liked honey and it is Burt's Bees, and besides, that man looks like John the Baptist." The Walmart clerk had an amused look on her face, and will go home tonight with a funny story to tell. I'm always amazed at what little kids will come up with!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Daniel just loves Burts Bees. Haha! Just ask Mom about that one. We played an exchange game one Christmas and Mom bought gifts that adults would like and some for kids. Daniel ended up with the Burts Bees chapstick and was not too happy but tried to be a good sport. We laugh every time we see Burts Bees. Now you will too for a different reason.
Leigh Ann
Well, Chloe is a very observant little 5 year old as well as the fact that she is also very smart! I think that guy could be John the Baptist or maybe Burt the Baptist. I'll think of that every time I use my Burt's Bees.
She is too cute!!! And she has a point... but did you ask her when john's name changed to Burt??? :)
Post a Comment